Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The backwards aquarium

Here are pictures from shark diving. The one below is of the shark attacking the tuna head bate. It is up against the cage, the corner of which you can see. The cage was big enough to accomodate five divers at once.

The rest of the pictures are self explanatory. Sharks are terrifying-- I never want to see a dorsal fin like that whilst I am surfing or in the water not trying to bate sharks. The landscape shot is of Whale Cove, a place we stopped on the way to see the Southern (Bright or Rite, I am not sure) whale. Whales are predictably in this beautiful little cove, hanging out and mating. For some reason all South African tour guides know a lot about whale mating habits... It seems to be a a highlight for them to tell us exactly how many kilograms of ejaculated whale sperm go.... etc. etc.
I wish I had a few more shark pictures-- like me in the suit or something but unfortunately I don't. The little boat we embarked to sea on was rather like a toy duck in a the sea and I felt most sea sick. I lost my lunch several times over, even when I was in the water in the cage waiting to see sharks. Advise: I will not go to the maritime academy, I will take dramamine on next boat excursion.

No comments:

Post a Comment